Distance: 8-15 km
800-1200 m (2400-3600 ft)
suites those that are physically active.
Demanding some effort and certain endurance. Good
balance, sure footing, and concentration required.
Starting/meeting location: we
meet in front of the shop "Sports Direct" (Mariahilferstrasse
138 - 15th district - 200 m behind the Westbahnhof) for
participants pick-up (see
the meeting location on the map).
How to get there: metro
U6 or U3, station "Westbahnhof", exit "Aussere
Arriving point: 5:30
PM to the trailhead. Back to Vienna at 7:30 PM latest.
hiking & trekking guide
Are dogs permitted? Please
• English speaking, experienced & knowledgeable guide
• Snowshoes and poles
Price does not include:
• Food and drink
• Mountain rescue insurance
Registration cut off: 7 days
prior to departure
• Check distance, pace and terrain of hike to ensure it is
within your fitness level. Call us before the hike if you have
any questions or concerns.
• If you have any health problems that could affect your hiking
performance, inform us.
• If you have any known asthma, allergies or hay fever, carry
antihistamines. Asthma sufferers should carry their asthma
medications or inhalers. Allergy suffers should carry an
EpiPen(s) and ensure someone on the hike knows where you carry
these. Diabetics should carry their medication.
• Wear comfortable boots/shoes.
• Take a spare pair of shoes to change into at the end of the
hike or carry plastic bags to protect the car from muddy boots.
we have to deal with extreme cold-weather conditions -
temperatures ranging from 0°C to -20°C!)
□ Warm hat
□ Warm gloves
□ Mountain trouser. Double–layer trouser (ski trousers are ok)
□ Rain jacket
□ Mountain/hiking boots covering
Your boots must be well broken in before the trip. Please do not
let the enjoyment of your trip be severely compromised by
blisters! NO SNEAKERS
□ warm socks
In the backpack (medium size - 40 l. max.)
□ Thermos or water bottle (2 liters minimum)
□ Sunblock and lip balm
□ Money (in case we make a break in a hut)
□ Lunch packet, emergency rations (chocolate, candy bars, etc.),
personal snack food
□ Personal medications
□ Rain trouser (to keep the trouser dry)
□ Toilet paper
□ Plastic bags to store gear inside your and for the waste
□ ID or passport, alpine club membership card, mobile phone,
□ Blister treatment. Compeed patches are the best.
• In case you have forgotten parts of your equipment at home,
please be so kind as to let me know about it before starting the
• I bring along a comprehensive first aid kit on each trip
• Pack light and don't take too much (max. weight: 8 kg)!
For any question, feel free to contact