Elevation gain/loss: 800-1200
m (2400-3600 ft)
previous snowshoeing experience necessary but you have to be fit for 4
to 5 hours walk on uneven terrain
Trip rating: level 1-2
Starting/meeting location: we
meet in front of the Volksbank, Kolingasse 14-16, 1090 Vienna (see the meeting location on the map).
How to get there: U2
and several tramways stop at Schottentor. With U2, take the exit
Arriving point: 5:30
PM to the trailhead. Back to Vienna at 7:30 PM latest.
Are dogs permitted? Please
• English speaking, experienced & knowledgeable guide
• Snowshoes and poles
Price does not include:
• Food and drink
• Mountain rescue insurance
• Transportation to/from the trailhead
Registration cut off: 7 days
prior to departure
• Check distance, pace and terrain of hike to ensure it is within your
fitness level. Call us before the hike if you have any questions or
• If you have any health problems that could affect your hiking
performance, inform us.
• If you have any known asthma, allergies or hay fever, carry
antihistamines. Asthma sufferers should carry their asthma medications
or inhalers. Allergy suffers should carry an EpiPen(s) and ensure
someone on the hike knows where you carry these. Diabetics should carry
• Wear comfortable boots/shoes.
• Take a spare pair of shoes to change into at the end of the hike or
carry plastic bags to protect the car from muddy boots.
Warm clothing (from
december to february, we have to deal with extreme cold
weather conditions - temperatures ranging from 0°C to -20°C!)
□ Warm hat
□ Warm gloves
□ Mountain trouser. Double–layer trouser (ski trousers are ok)
□ Rain jacket
□ Warm hiking boots covering
Your boots must be well broken in before the trip. Please do not let
the enjoyment of your trip be severely compromised by blisters! No
sneakers and no running shoes.
□ warm socks
In the backpack (medium size - 40
□ Thermos or water bottle (2 liters minimum)
□ Sunblock and lip balm
□ Money (in case we make a break in a hut)
□ Packed lunch, emergency rations (chocolate, candy bars, etc.),
personal snack food
□ Personal medications
□ Rain trouser (to keep the trouser dry)
□ Toilet paper
□ Plastic bags to store gear inside your and for the waste
□ ID or passport, alpine club membership card, mobile phone, camera
□ Blister treatment. Compeed patches are the best.
• In case you have forgotten parts of your equipment at home,
please be so kind as to let us know about it before starting the tour
• We bring along a comprehensive first aid kit on each trip
• Pack light and don't take too much (max. weight: 8 kg)!
any question, feel free to contact us
Terms and conditions